My mom and step dad get tons of cabbage every season. Down here in Florida, I’m really not sure anywhere else, the farmers give away all of the cabbage they can’t use. My parents gave us some and we had a hard time figuring out what to do with it. Then, Curtis remembered that his grandma used to make a cabbage casserole. We started making it and oh was it simple!
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can of Cream of Celery
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to taste
- 2 tbspn vegetable oil
* On a side note, we just happened to have ground lamb so we used that and it turned out excellent as well
1. Sauté the onion in the vegetable oil with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
*This is a 9×13. I would suggest using a bigger one because we couldn’t fit all of the cabbage.
5. Chop up the cabbage as fine as you can and put it on top of the chicken broth and rice.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and into the oven it goes. Bake at 375 for 1 hour.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare before it goes into the oven. It is super quick and easy and makes a lot. If you have any questions feel free to comment down below. Have a beautiful day!