This topic has been on my mind for a while now. I keep discovering new ways to use coconut oil. For instance, my mom and I found that you can use it in all natural beauty products. We can’t wait to start making some. Before I get into anymore of that, I want to start out with the health benefits. We all know how important those are.
- It is awesome in treating skin infections including, but not limited to: eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- Coconut oil is great for your hair too. It helps keep your scalp free of lice and lice eggs. As well as reducing protein loss and nourishing dry or damaged hair.
- When you rub coconut oil on cuts, it protects them from bacteria. It also speeds up the healing time for bruises.
- Amazingly, coconut oil has been known to kill the viruses that cause hepatitis, influenza, measles, herpes, and SARS.
- Finally, it is beneficial in weight loss. It digests easily and helps reduce obesity in women.
I only picked five, but there are so many more. We could easily do a whole series on the benefits of coconut oil. Let us know in the comments if that is something you would like us to do.
Alright it’s time to get into the fun stuff. I am going to talk about all of the things I discovered it can be used for.
- Ointment to kill yeast infections
- Add to drinks for an energy boost
- Coffee creamer
- Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy
- Eye-makeup remover
- Cradle cap on babies
- Diaper cream
- Use in homemade mayo instead of vegetable oils
- Help diminish allergies by rubbing it in the nose
- Mix with chia seeds for an energy boost instead of using caffeine
- Replace vegetable oils in cooking
- Shave cream
- Use on mosquito bites to reduce itchiness
- Condition and soften leather
- Sooth a sore throat by adding into tea
- Hair Mask
- Baby lotion
- Facial moisturizer
- Help nails grow by rubbing on cuticles
- Boosts prenatal care
- Dab on cold sores to help heal
Coconut oil is purely out of this world in ways in which it can help the body. It can be used on its own or added to many things to increase the benefits. I don’t know about you, but I am ready to jump on the band wagon when it comes to this product. If you want to go out and grab some, the cheapest place we have found it is Big Lots. Stay tuned to see what products we try to make on our all natural beauty adventure. Thanks for reading!